- Describe your teaching style: Rambo meets the Dalai Lama.
- Guilty pleasure: Escaping the stress and chaos of life in a warm bubble bath, surrounded by scented candles, listening to a great playlist while sipping cold Champagne in a frozen glass. It is here that I find peace to dream and create.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? The answer is anywhere my family and friends are.
- Describe your teaching style: I like to know who my students are, know what their goals are, and then set standards in order to help them reach them. I guess I am considered “tough” but I also have a great sense of humor.
- Guilty pleasure: I simply cannot resist buying comfortable hoodies or flip-flops.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? I have always wanted to volunteer in a place that does not have access to the resources and education that I have been privileged to have.
- Describe your teaching style: I like to think I’m “the nice one” but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to make you sweat your tushies off. I often use modifications to layer exercises so everyone in the class can work to their full potential no matter how long they’ve been doing Pilates.
- Guilty pleasure: I love a good dystopian teen novel. When I read the Hunger Games I started braiding my hair and took up archery (it’s actually really fun).
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? Costa Rica, in an open-air tree house or on a platform on the beach.
- Describe your teaching style: Less talk, more action. The focus for every client should be being in the present moment while in class. Once a client becomes more aware of their body, they will begin to experience the mind-body connection that Pilates has to offer. Pilates is not just about the hour that is spent working out, it is a way of life.
- Guilty pleasure: I struggled to answer this question; this tells me that I need to let go a little, of my structured lifestyle! However, I will admit if you put a piece of crumb cake in front of me it wouldn’t last 5 seconds.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? Switzerland. I’d ski in between teaching classes and health coaching.
- Describe your teaching style: Everybody is unique and my style of teaching is focused on individual approach to every person. I like to nourish and challenge my students, but the most important show them that they are capable for more than they thought.
- Guilty pleasure: Massage with scented candles around me. Could do it every day.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? Maui (Hawaii) is the place, where troubles melt like lemon drops and absolutely everything is possible!
- Describe your teaching style: Serious with a smile. I strive to challenge my clients and push them to meet their goals, while maintaining some sense of humor throughout the class to help push you through the really hard parts. Layer, layer, layer is my motto!
- Guilty pleasure: Bagels and pretty much any, and all, carbohydrates. I am a true foodie at heart. My day revolves around breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? In my fantasy world I would be living in Hawaii teaching in a hut on the ocean, however my reality is pretty amazing as well, I love teaching here in New York with all its different colorful personalities.
- Describe your teaching style: I focus on the form of the exercise. My approach is challenging but conscious about the limitations that everyday and everybody might bring. No matter what the level of the student might be, there is always room for a challenge.
- Guilty pleasure: Not one, but two “guilty pleasures.” Pilates and Ice cream, I need them both to make it work for me. I am not ready to give up either one.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? Bali would be the place for me. An island that I truly call “paradise” nature has blessed that place with its geography as well as with its people.
- Describe your teaching style: My teaching style is playful and focused. I teach with an attention to detail, breath, and flow. I always tell my clients that movement should be fun and that the results are always waiting for you right around the corner if you just get your butt into class.
- Guilty pleasure: Wild Flours Bake Shop in Huntington.
- If you could go anywhere in the world and teach where would it be? Any beach in the Caribbean.